My Blog

I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Collecting Ideas from Other Blogs


Blog Reflection

I spent some time looking at my fellow classmates’ blogs and found some interesting and informative posts. I read an article about increasing the use of technology in the classroom by having iPads in the classroom from Kim’s blog. Technology is becoming more prevalent in the classrooms these days, and is very important incorporate into your teachings. I then went over to Laura’s blog and read about using a timer through Google. She was going to use this tool both in her future classroom and also at home as a morning alarm. I thought that was a great idea using it both at home and in the classroom. The next blog that read was from Gaby, she wrote about online quizzes being used in the classroom. She gave some great insights on how she plans on using them in her classroom.

Connection to Teaching


Kids are so tech savvy these days, that it makes sense to have iPads in the classroom. There are some great educational apps out there that will make it easier for some students to learn. I really hope the future school that I teach at supplies a couple of iPads for teachers to use in their classroom. I really do think that they are beneficial for the students. 


 Since I have started my work in my Wikispace, I have researched a lot online tools that you can use that will allow you to create you own quizzes and test. I think using these online tools for creating quizzes are fantastic, I would probably use them as practice tools for my students. This will allow the students to have instant feedback after they have completed the quiz, and it will show what questions they have missed and what they got right. This will help them know what areas they need to increase practice time in. I truly enjoyed getting to read my classmates’ blogs and would love to try some of these ideas in my future classroom.

I have noticed while shadowing in my friend’s classrooms and even my practium teacher’s classroom, that they all use online timers and stopwatches. They usually pull them up on the SMART board, this allows the students to know how much time left on their current activity. I am defiantly going to incorporate online stopwatches and timers in my classroom. I think they are a great and helpful tool, for both the teacher and the students. 


No comments:

Post a Comment