My Blog

I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Using animated movie technology as a teaching tools.

In this day in age as a teacher you find yourself incorporating more technology into your educational lessons in the classroom. The SMART board is the leading contender for making your job a little easier. I logged onto my Feedly account this afternoon to see what some of my main headlines were for this fine Saturday. A headline that caught my eye was an article from Emgeringedtec, which I follow on my Feedly. This website was called, Tweet Week – Collected Education Technology Tweets for the Week of 01-27-14 (just click on the title and will give you the option to read this article). I thought this article would be a perfect one to share with teachers who love to use educational technology in their classroom and have the access to a SMART board. This website will gave you the access to 13 different websites pertaining to the use of technology in the classroom, it also shared the 3 more related posts at the bottom of the page. Out of the 16 sites that were offered on this article I really like the one called, How Students Can Create Animated Movies to Teach Each Other. I attached the URL that will take to you this blog at the bottom of this post.

I personally thought this blog was a great read and a wonderful teaching tool. The writer of this blog also took the time to describe how you could break your class down into different groups, and do this in your own class. Most kids are pros at using technology and you can probably do this activity with grades 3-6, and definatly for those who are in Junior High and High School. Not only did the author of this blog take the time to break down this idea for anyone to do, but they also attached a Youtube video as a great example. I know that when the time has come and I am finally in a classroom setting, I will be using this idea in my classroom. I am already thinking of all the different lessons that I could use this for, starting with math and reading and going on from there. I hope you find this article and blog as fascinating as I did.

 

http://jcollierblog.com/edtech/how-students-can-create-animated-movies-to-teach-each-other/


1 comment:

  1. This animated movie technology sounds like a very useful tool in the classroom. I had never thought of using it this way. Thank you for sharing this tool.

    ReplyDelete