My Blog

I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoyed creating it!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

SMART Notebook Files

I have chosen to find activities that are science related, and can be used in third grade classrooms. 

Engaging Leaners the SMART Board Way

http://eduscapes.com/sessions/smartboard/
http://sciencenetlinks.com/tools/lunar-cycle-2-the-challenge/

I really enjoyed what Eduscapes had to offer for SMART Notebook activities. I took the time to try out several different of the activities that were offered on this site.  They were very classroom and user friendly, it would be easy for your students to use. This website gave the viewer several different options on how to find activities, you could search by grade levels (Elementary and Middle/ Secondary) or you could search through the subject areas. I choose an activity that had to do with moon phases and it took me to another website called, sciencenetlinks. I really enjoyed learning about the moon phases through this activity. This activity offers three different levels and you can quit at anytime or start at any level you would like. I would use this activity in my classroom, it gave in depth lessons on the different phases. This would be an engaging way to keep the classes attention and help them learn the all the phases of the moon. It would also give the students the opportunity to come up and use the SMART Board, and have some hands on learning activities.

Kenton County School District 
http://www.kenton.k12.ky.us/content_page.aspx?cid=548
http://www.kenton.k12.ky.us/userfiles/1828/file/Skeleton.pdf

Kenton County School District offered a large selection of free SMART Notebook activities that you could use in your classroom. I clicked on their science section and found some different templates that could be used in a third grade classroom. Kenton County allowed access to just using the template or you could download the whole Notebook activity if you wanted too. I really liked the activity that they had available for the human skeleton. I would use the lesson to teach the class the name of the bones that are found body and where they are located. I would use the blank template to have the students try and guess where the correct label goes on the seleton. You can use the infinite cloner so they have students try the activity until they get it right. I would probably have the students name on a popsicle stick so I could call out them names and give everyone a chance to try and label the skeleton.

Longwood Central School District 

http://www.longwood.k12.ny.us/longsmart_elem.html

Longwood Central School District was a very well organized site, where you could find a lot of different templates that you could use in your classroom. The site was organized where you could search the different class subjects. Within those subjects you could found your grade level teaching and the activities that are offered. I really enjoyed the activity about the Water Cycle and liked what it had to offer. I would use SMART Notebook activity in my classroom. I could use it to give a quick lesson on how the water cycle works and then allow the class to try and label the water cycle correctly. Each student could come up and label a different part of the cycle and then repeat it a couple of times. That way everyone could have a chance to try it. Plus the more you repeat how the cycle works, the better chance they have of remembering it.

No comments:

Post a Comment